Senior Security Advisor
- Lean and agile working environment with investment in new and emerging technology
- Commitment to closing the gender gap
- Community engagement program focused on homelessness
The safety and wellbeing of our employees and potential employees are important to us. All external candidates will be interviewed over Zoom and we will not be conducting any face-to-face interviews in any of REA's Australian offices - with no exceptions. The reasons for this are not only to protect the health and safety of our people, but also to assure candidates that there is no expectation from REA to meet face-to-face. A virtual interview will not adversely impact your application. If you have any questions or concerns, this can be discussed through the screening process.
An Australian start-up success story we’re quietly proud of.
From a garage in Melbourne to the global stage is an achievement we’re humbled by. Our idea to put pictures of houses on the internet has blossomed since 1995, and we now have businesses across Australia, Asia, India and North America.
Our purpose is to change the way the world experiences property。 No matter where you’re at on your property journey, we’re here to help on every step – whether that’s buying, selling, renting or renovating。
Some of our brands include realestate。com。au, realcommercial。com。au, spacely。com。au, flatmates。com。au and hometrack。com。au。
What we’re doing:
With us, you’ll experience Ownership. The Senior Security Advisor sits within the Group Security team, headed up by the Chief Information Security Officer. The Group Security team work together to embed security throughout REA, empowering staff to make good risk decisions and equipping them with the tools to do so – a Cyber ‘health service’, not a police force.
Our strategy centres around 5 simple priorities: visibility of assets and threats; prioritizing good technology hygiene; broad adoption of key security controls; promotion of a risk aware culture and data protection. Our security program extends to assessing our business partners and supplier security posture.
足彩胜负14场The Security Advisor supports the Group Security team in the following ways:
- Assisting with identification of cyber security risks and requirements for new applications and other software products.
- Maintain on-going relationships and work closely with the nominated Groups, and support the other Security Advisors across the broader REA businesses.
- Evaluating and making recommendations on new security products and advising on implementation into existing environments and external partners.
- Investigating, responding to, and reporting on, security incidents as directed.
- Monitoring emerging security technologies, issues and directions.
- Develop security best practices that are adapted to REA Group’s environment, culture and needs.
- Assisting with development, deployment and maintenance of security policies, procedures, standards, and strategies.
- Develop and lead initiatives to grow IT risk and security skills and capabilities within IT and the broader REA community.
- Demonstrate your knowledge of information security to all staff day-to-day and via security awareness programs.
- Assist in threat management and monitoring activities.
- Mentor and direct staff from other teams to follow good security practices.
- Participate in internal and external security forums, working groups and Lines of Business activities to promote security concepts.
- Promote the transfer of knowledge across REA regarding key risk and security practices (e.g. REA risk framework, incident management, security capabilities provided by Group Security).
Who we’re looking for:
- Good interpersonal and consultative skills.
- Demonstrated experience of performing security risk assessments and supporting design and development of security.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of information security practices and policies, including information security frameworks, standards, and best practices and common security technologies.
- Broad technical experience including application architecture, security infrastructure, penetration testing, identity & access management, threat detection, incident response, security operations, network infrastructure.
- Sound knowledge of Security technologies such as WAFs, IPS, vulnerability management tools, endpoint security solutions.
- Knowledge of security management frameworks, such as ISO 27001, NIST, PCI-DSS, and Australian Privacy Principles.
- Experience working in Agile, DevOps environment is preferable.
- Understanding and experience of Cloud technologies is highly desirable.
- Recognised security industry certifications (ISSP, CISM, CRISC, GIAC, SABSA, etc.) are highly regarded.
But we don’t just look for someone based on their skills and expertise. It’s our connection, acceptance and genuine care for each other that makes REA a great place to work. That means you also need to be:
- Savvy minded and have the ability to think a little left of field / outside the box
- A strong and creative communicator
- Friendly, approachable and have good relationship management skills
- An avid supporter of our fully inclusive culture - we celebrate difference and ensure that everyone belongs
The REA Experience
The physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our people is something we’ll never stop caring about。 This is a place to learn and grow。 We’re committed to your development – both professionally and personally。 Your experience with us is something that we take seriously。
- Free breakfast (and who doesn’t love a free brekkie)
- Because We Care program which includes volunteer leave and community grants, to ensure you have the opportunity to give back to your community
- Hack Days so you can bring your big ideas to life
- An additional day of leave just for your birthday
- A flexible working environment meaning we strike the balance of what you need and what works for the business (and yes, our leaders fully understand the flexible working policy)
- Industry leading gender-neutral parental leave
If you like the sound of us, then we think you should apply today. While we take a look at your application, we encourage you to get to know us a bit more through our various social channels.