Our 18-month graduate program embeds you in an agile team where you'll be exposed to all aspects of our technology business。
Graduate applications are closed.
Learn. Grow. Belong. Grads at REA Group have an impact.
Our unique, award-winning graduate program* gives you the opportunity to learn on-the-job at one of Australia’s biggest digital media businesses and home to Australia’s leading property site, realestate。com。au。
As a grad, you’ll work with the best and brightest in technology and be surrounded by down-to-earth people helping you grow and feeding your curiosity.
Every day you’ll re-imagine what’s possible and feel part of a team that cares. And you won’t just be shadowing others – you’ll deliver real projects and you’ll see results.
You’ll be immersed in a graduate community that is both supportive and structured. The responsibility for steering your career will be in your hands.
Grads from our 18-month program have gone on to immediate employment at REA Group in line with their career aspirations。
*our graduate program is currently in Australia only
Learn why past grads have loved being a part of our program
Our Graduate Program
足彩胜负14场What you need to know before applying
Software Developer and Engineering Graduate Program
Software development and engineering is a huge part of our culture and although we've grown in size, our people still share a start-up mentality.
Your grad journey Learn diverse skills from the best in the business.
As part of our 18-month rotational graduate program you’ll work in agile teams and get experience in all aspects of our technology business。 The aim of this graduate program is to mentor, coach and develop your career in software development and engineering。
Life as a Software Developer and Engineering Grad at REA is pretty diverse. You’ll be exposed to cutting-edge technology, languages and best practices like modern Ruby and Functional Programming with Scala. You’ll learn about new and emerging practices like Test Driven Development (TDD) and work on a range of projects from new web apps, mobile apps and products. You’ll get exposure to our DevOps teams working on AWS architecture and CI/CD pipelines, as well as core teams like Data Services.
- Learn Test Driven Development (TDD) and automated testing frameworks.
- Work on desktop, web and mobile projects to enhance and grow our products.
- Actively participate in the improvement and redesign of our core products.
- Deliver software to high quality standards and support software that is delivered in production.
Graduate applications are closed.
Recruitment and application process
If you’re curious, have a hunger to learn, an eagerness to explore new ideas and an inclusive, collaborative approach to problem solving, then you’re who we are looking for。 We are all about building a diverse culture at REA Group, and we’re big on values, so be bold and confident in who you are。View the recruitment process
We invite you to apply if you have recently studied or can demonstrate your passion for technology. You have or will have full working rights for Australia in advance of the grad program start date in February the following year.
How to apply
The stages of our grad recruitment process.
Application submission – stage 1
足彩胜负14场Applications for 2021 open from 3 March to 1 April 2020. In the online application form, we ask you to give us your basic contact information and answer some questions to show us who you are and what makes you tick.
You will also be asked to attach a resume and other material that supports your application – this could include a highlights portfolio or examples of things you’ve built. We do not require a cover letter or your academic transcripts, so you can take those off your prep list.
- Answers reflect who you are and what you’re passionate about.
- Display your values that align with our own.
- Brush up on your REA Group knowledge and history.
- CV complete with correct personal details.
- Is your voicemail setup clearly with your name?
Application submission – stage 2
For those who make it to this next stage, there will be a mix of written and video response submissions where we find out more about you, your passions, tech knowledge and how your values align to ours at REA Group.
To take the pressure off, there’s no limit to how many takes you do of your video responses, which means you can submit them when you’re happy.
- Pick a quiet place to complete your application and video recording.
- Check your microphone is working and sound is recording.
- Be yourself! It’s not about how polished your answer is, we’re looking for your special spark – share your knowledge and passion with us.
- Providing context is great but be mindful that you’re still answering the question being asked.
Assessment day – stage 3
The Assessment Day is our final stage of the recruitment process。 If you’ve progressed through to this stage, you’ll be invited to attend a single assessment day at our Melbourne head office in Richmond。
We’ll keep you in the loop with proposed dates so it’s easier on you to organise your schedule.
The format of the day includes:
- Group agile activity
- Individual technical interview
- Individual values-based interview
Short breaks happen throughout the day and interviewers and current grads get involved. It’s a great opportunity to get a feel for the place.
- If you’re not Melbourne based, we recommend making any arrangements to travel the day before your Assessment Day to avoid any travel delays.
- Arrive at our Richmond HQ at least 5 minutes early so you’re ready to go when it starts. We will aim to have all activities completed by early afternoon.
- A useful way to give your responses to behavioural questioning is the CAR format (Cause, Action, Result).
- Food will be provided on the day so no need to bring lunch!
足彩胜负14场We aim to complete our offer process by the end of May。 This timing depends on availability of our tech community who are heavily involved in the selection process。
We’re very aware that our candidates are likely progressing in other grad recruitment processes, so we’ll do our best to keep you updated on expected timelines while we work through your application and submissions.
足彩胜负14场We love to improve things. That’s why we survey everyone who participates at our assessment days, whether you’ve landed an offer on our program or just missed out. We’re grateful to everyone who takes the time to give us their feedback as it helps us decide where to focus our energy and improve things for the next year.